View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 JDWguild.com 2.0 
Miss Site Admin

Class: Mage
Post Re: JDWguild.com 2.0
Obsideus wrote:
Okay I'm going to be making a background and logo. That logo will be in a banner that you can use, and you can use that logo if you change the forums. I'll be uploading the .psd in a bit too when its done. As for the roster, I like the ideas everyone is giving. I really love the way Forlorn Legacy does their roster. (http://forlornlegacy.net/roster.php) I've talked to Aurelius I know he writes the website himself, but I really like the look and layout of it. I'll post when I get the logo done.

I do like the layout of that guild. I was undecided between organizing the information by rank or by class. Again, once we decide on the layout we can start to format and make it look pretty :)

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 pm
I Exhale Forum Posts

Class: Priest
How come i can't log in the homepage /frown

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:46 pm
Site Admin

Class: Druid
That would take nothing but the images to accomplish. If someone wants to find/make some Timore will pay you in icecream.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Timore wrote:
How come i can't log in the homepage /frown

Gotta make a new account - Wasn't able to move the user databases since 95% of our usernames are invalid for a php conversion.

I can code a work-a-round but until then we will need two user databases.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Just Doin Work

Class: Paladin
Ailie wrote:
Obsideus wrote:
Okay I'm going to be making a background and logo. That logo will be in a banner that you can use, and you can use that logo if you change the forums. I'll be uploading the .psd in a bit too when its done. As for the roster, I like the ideas everyone is giving. I really love the way Forlorn Legacy does their roster. (http://forlornlegacy.net/roster.php) I've talked to Aurelius I know he writes the website himself, but I really like the look and layout of it. I'll post when I get the logo done.

I do like the layout of that guild. I was undecided between organizing the information by rank or by class. Again, once we decide on the layout we can start to format and make it look pretty :)

Just my opinion...

But personally, I would organize it by class. Here's the thing, say someone were looking for someone in particular on a roster. Yes the may be looking for who is a guild leader, but that is what the Officers tab is for. Say I came to the website looking to see Zalimar's armory, or dkp (if we used it), or say his rank. I know that he is a Druid, so I can easily find him on the roster. But if it was by class, I would have to look through the whole list until I see his name. Of course you could set up something where you could search by either class or rank by clicking the column heading, but I guess that's just my opinion. :D

I must say though, I really love the way the website looks so far, good work Zal and Ailie :)

EDIT:
Zalimar wrote:
That would take nothing but the images to accomplish. If someone wants to find/make some Timore will pay you in icecream.

What? The roster list, or the header? :D

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:55 pm
Just Doin Work

Class: Paladin
Okay so I was just messing around in Photoshop and Illustrator and here is what I came up with. I also included part of my banner design I did a while ago which is in the bottom left. Just some ideas, if you don't like any of them, I won't cry. :D Keep in mind this is just a logo, that would either go along with the text Just Do Work, or could be used by itself in a screenshot, or a watermark on our videos.

I personally like #4 the best, but that is just me. :P

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:51 pm
Site Admin

Ok so I have found a few possible solutions to merge the user databases.

I will be attempting this with any free time I have this week.

Expect both forum and site outages. Can't have you tards posting llamas or junk during it :-P

I'll announce times when I get closer to doing it. Until then I have locked new user registration on the site. Most likely I will be wiping that database since it's the smaller one and pulling in the forum database.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
King of the Dinos

i love it zalbang

Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:12 am
Site Admin

I have prep'd everything for the database merge.

Once again.... There will be both site and forum outages during this time.

If your username has to be changed I will notify you.

Expect it anytime this week. (waiting on a software update)

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Update:

This will be happening this weekend!

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next