View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hodir Hard Mode 
Miss Site Admin

Class: Mage
Post Hodir Hard Mode
So, I was watching the VANQUISH video for Hard mode Hodir that Touk posted and it seems like the mages in the video are arcane. Since it is only a 3 minute fight and mana shouldn't be an issue, I think that Arcane would be a good way to spec for this fight. I built a spec that I linked below:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vsu0I ... Zbhf0o:Nzi

The only other important major glyph for Arcane that I am not using in the build is Arcane Barrage, which reduces the mana cost of the spell by 20%. While I think that that is a useful glyph, in a 3 minute fight I don't think it would be a huge issue to not have it, and I would rather have the extra crit from the Molten Armor glyph. Any opinions on this?

I only put 1 point in Magic Attunement to increase our casting range. I would ideally like to put the 2nd point into it, however I am not sure where to take the point out of elsewhere. Any suggestions? (Since it is only a 3 minute fight, we will only be able to pop PoM a maximum of two times if we pop it once right off the bat, and Clearcasting will only proc a handful of times so I was thinking to maybe lose a point in Arcane Potency, however I still think the extra damage might be helpful).

On another note, we will only be able to pop Icy Veins once during the fight as well, so putting the 11 points in the frost tree isn't totally necessary, however Frost Warding would be nice to have.

Let me know what you guys think about the build and glyphs. All suggestions are appreciated :)

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:45 pm
Guild Master

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Hodir Hard Mode
Should you mages go Arcane for Orbituary too if you are going up? Isn't arcane the most DPS spec but also the worst DPM?

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:32 pm
Miss Site Admin

As long as we are rotating up 8 people, 4 at a time, then yeah arcane would be the best way to go.

I did try arcane once for 10 man, but since I was getting thrown up over and over I went oom really fast, and having to evocate every time i went up just wasted time on pushing overload. However, I think there would be enough time to regen mana if we only went up once every other overload.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:47 pm
Guild Master

Class: Paladin
Also on Hodir we will have 2-3 Innervates to toss around, should mages get those?

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:12 pm
I Can Haz Forum Post?

i think its worth it to go arcane but doing so one of the warlocks should get imp shadowbolt since none of the mages would have scorch

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:29 pm
Miss Site Admin

Toukijin wrote:
Also on Hodir we will have 2-3 Innervates to toss around, should mages get those?

It would definately be more worthwhile for us to receive an innervate than waste 7 seconds evocating. However, since I am not sure exactly how much of an issue our mana supply will be in three minutes we should probably just see how the first few attempts tonight go to see if we actually need it. Chances are we will though.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:50 pm
Site Admin

Class: Druid
Toukijin wrote:

Yes 100%

Im pretty sure I could spam heal you and mana pot and just have enough mana to last the 3 min.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]